2nd Global Meeting of Regional Road Safety Observatories
November 30-December 1, 2021 @ 1:00-4:00pm CET ︎(Paris)
The Network of regional Road Safety Observatories (RSO) is a global forum on road safety data, policies and practices. It promotes collaboration between existing regional Road Safety Observatories, namely the European (ERSO), Ibero American (OISEVI), African (ARSO), Asia and Pacific (APRSO), Western Balkans (WBRSO) and the about to be formalized Easter Parnership (EaPRSO) and Arab (AIRSO). These observatories as well as the network have been supported by a group of international development organizations – The World Bank (WB), Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), the International Transport Forum (ITF), and the World Health Organization (WHO). Financial support has been secured through a variety of sources, including the UK Aid through the Global Road Safety Facility (GRSF). This 2nd Annual Meeting follows on from the inaugural annual meeting of December 2020.
This meeting will discuss the integration of the 2nd Decade for Action Plan (2021-2030) into the observatories´ work plans, serve as a platform to share developments over the past year, and seek agreement from RSO members on proposed indicators, policy goals, and procedures.
The meeting will be held in English, French, Spanish, and Russian with simultaneous translations.
- Mr. Etienne Krug, Director Dept. Management on Noncommunicable Diseases, Disability and Violence and Injury Prevention, WHO
- Mr. Dmitry Mariyasin, Deputy Executive Secretary UNECE
- Ms. Maria del Carmen González del Porro, Deputy Minister of Transport and Executive Director ANTSV, Paraguay
- Mr. Jean Todt, UN Special Envoy for Road Safety & FIA President
- Ms. Maria Krafft, Director of Traffic Safety and Sustainability, Swedish Transport Administration
- Representative, UNDESA
- Representative, FIA Foundation
- Mr. Young Tae Kim (TBC), Secretary General, ITF
- Mr. Binyam Reja, Global Acting Director, WB
- Ms. Elizabeth Fauveke Munck af Rosenschöld, Global Sustainability Manager, Ikea´s Transport and Logistic Services
- Mr. Matej Zakonjsek, Director, Transport Community