Roads Economic Decision Model (RED) - Basic Steps
Basic Steps | Documentation | Additional Reference Materials | Useful Links
This software installs the Roads Economic Decision Model (RED) developed by SSATP. RED performs an economic evaluation of road investments and maintenance alternatives and is customized to the characteristics of unpaved roads such as:
- high uncertainty of the assessment of traffic, road condition, and future maintenance;
- periods during a year with disrupted passability;
- levels of service and corresponding road user costs defined not only through roughness
- high potential to influence economic development;
- beneficiaries other than motorized road users.