This toolkit was conceived as a website. It has been made as straightforward and universally compatible as possible to ensure ease of use and access.
There are two versions:
- on-line that is accessible from anywhere with an Internet connection; and
- CD Rom that comes with the Toolkit and can be used when no Internet connection is available.
The only difference between the two concerns the links to external sites and content.
On the CD Rom version, these can only work when used on a computer that is connected to the internet.
Both versions only require a browser to be used, no additional software or installation is needed.
The toolkit is designed to be usable even with slow Internet connections.
However, it will clearly perform better and faster when a stable and fast connection is available.
- Mozilla Firefox version 6 and later - Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD
- Google Chrome version15 and later - Linux, Mac OS X (10.5 and later, Intel only), Microsoft Windows (XP SP2 and later)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 7 and later - Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Apple Safari version 5 - Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion, Windows XP, Vista, and 7, iOS
To ensure optimum performance of any web application it is advisable to always upgrade your browser to the latest available version.
These are free and most allow automatic installation.
Check periodically for updates and maintain your software up to date to ensure smooth operation.
Should the option be switched off in your browser, you can simply switch it on in the settings or preferences of your browser.
Recommended operating system and hardware:
- Windows: XP Service Pack 2+ / Vista / 7 - Intel Pentium 4 or later, 100MB Hard Disk, 128MB memory
- Mac OS X: 10.5.6 or later - Intel Mac, 100MB Hard Disk, 128MB memory
- Linux: Ubuntu 8.04 or later / Debian 5 / OpenSuse 11.1 - Intel Pentium 3 / Athlon 64 or later, 100MB Hard Disk, 128MB memory
Usability on mobile devices:
The toolkit is usable on mobile devices such as Apple iPhone and iPad and Android handsets with an Internet connection using the mobile versions of current browsers.